The Reworks is a sustainable & ethical clothing collective and lifestyle brand. We were originally founded under the name Rose & Wilde in March 2017 by Angelina Decker. By August of 2018 our brand had grown dramatically and we decided to re-enter the marketplace under our new name of The Reworks.
We recycle and rework specifically selected second hand clothing from non-profit outlets like Goodwill, The Salvation Army, Market Street Mission, Morning Glory Thrift & Gift Shop, online non-profit auctions and more!
Purchasing our inventory from non-profit businesses is KEY to our mission because 100% of their profits go back into the community, helping to feed, house, educate, and rehabilitate local residents in need. In doing so we also limit our environmental impact by up-cycling unwanted materials and creating exciting, innovative designs out of them. We specialize in slow fashion, a concept that works to help eliminate the negative unseen aspects of fast fashion such as overproduction, pollution, waste and underpaid workers. Each piece of clothing in our collection is one of a kind and makes a difference in the world.
We take our hand-picked, pre-loved inventory, wash, deconstruct and reconstruct all the pieces to have fresh, urban, raw aspects. Upon finishing the items, a team of photographers weave together their skills to bring each item to life through brand relevant imagery.
Benefits Of Buying Second Hand
- NO SHRINKAGE. Have you ever found that new piece of clothing you just bought last week, wore once, and washed once suddenly feels... significantly smaller? Clothing is commonly made out of fibers like cotton and wool, which shrinks when put in the average wash cycle due to the moisture, followed by intense heat. Our second hand collection has all been washed numerous times in it's past life, allowing for a definite shape and size the moment you get your hands on our collection.
- SOFTER MATERIAL. You know those brand new jeans that are so stiff they can basically stand themselves up? Yeah, we avoid that stiff uncomfortable feeling at any costs. Our entire collection has already been washed and worn in so all our fabrics feel like butter.
- SUPPORTS THE COMMUNITY. We purchase our inventory from non-profit thrift stores which work to improve their local community, as stated above.
- REDUCES WASTE AND CONSUMPTION. Instead of buying new trend specific, "fast fashion" clothing and then getting rid of it within the next 2 years, we cycle through the older styles ultimately reducing the waste and steering the attention away from brand new factory made apparel.
- EXTENDS LIFE OF CLOTHING. Clothing that otherwise would be wasted and headed for landfills now have a new shot at life here at The Reworks.
The Reworks is based just outside New York City. Selling only through our own website, and traveling pop-up shops, you can shop our reworked pre-loved products in a clean, cohesive, one-of-a-kind collection.
We use our own size chart to determine clothing sizes, despite what the clothing is tagged when we purchase it. All items are measured laying completely flat. Each items specific measurements are displayed in the product description.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL, please check all measurements and feel free to ask any questions about the garments. Like all used and vintage items, some may have minor flaws such as discoloration or holes. All major flaws are noted in the product description and/or shown in product images.
Everything is sold as-is, however, we do offer custom and renovation orders if something is not available in your desired size/design! We specialize in patchwork, hand painting, distressing, and hand embroidery making the customization possibilities endless.
We want to ensure an easy and efficient experience at our store. We guarantee to get your package shipped within 12-72 hours after purchase, along with emailed order confirmation and delivery/tracking information.